Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This whole bible thing is a lot of fun. I grew up Catholic. Well, at least my grandparents and my father did. They all wanted me to follow in the same footsteps. I went through all of the rituals, but had no idea what I was doing or why I was there. A few years ago my friend introduced me to a bible study. We read a lot of interesting stories and I felt drawn to it. About a year ago I started going to church regularly. I found myself excited for the first time to go to church. Before we went to church on Christmas and Easter. My pastor and his wife have taken me under their wing and have been very supportive. They always offer help and guidance. I was so excited to take this class (until I found out I had to read the entire bible and three other books). Reading the bible has been a very moving experience for me. What I love most about reading it is how everything is new. I am learning so much that I find it difficult to comprehend everything. David Plotz is hilarious. I find myself laughing aloud when I am reading his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment