Monday, September 7, 2009

I started reading Genesis. So far I find it very boring. The writing style of the first person in Genesis almost put me to sleep. I was very to the point and direct. The second person, however, kept my attention. This change occurred 2:4. The first writer - let's call this person P- was too direct. He started just about every sentence with the word And. It was also very repetitive. I believe he says "And there was evening and there was morning" six times. The way it was written was too confusing for me to understand, enjoy, or to even comprehend. 

The second writer-let's call this person J-was a lot more interesting. I could actually follow along. She started sentences in a unique way every time. Instead of matter-of-factly she wrote as if she was telling a story. The P writer just wrote like this happened and then this happened and then this happened and "then there was evening and there was morning". There wasn't anything to keep me interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment