Sunday, September 13, 2009

I went to church this morning and we read a passage out of the book of Mark. I found it to be pretty interesting. The passage was about a woman begging Jesus to heal her daughter and Jesus turns her down! She later tells him that even people who do wrong or are looked down upon deserve a second chance and that is when Jesus finally agrees to heal her. Now I am a fairly religious person, but this class is really making me think. I thought Jesus was supposed to be the man of all mankind. It turns out that he was still human and had human emotions. Sometimes it is hard for me to think that Jesus was just a man. I tend to think of him as perfect. Today I realized that he was just like us and that he made mistakes just like us. The moral of the lesson was to give people a second chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment