Thursday, October 22, 2009

Susanna

The first time I read "Peter Quince at the Clavier" I was very confused and had no idea what it was about. Then I read the book of Susanna. The book of Susanna was about a young woman bathing in her garden when two elders were filled with desire. They blackmailed her into lying with them, but she refused. The elders lied and said they caught her with another man. She was put on trial and convicted. But a young man named Daniel saved her by taking the elders into different rooms and questioning them both. Neither of their stories were exactly the same. In the end the elders were killed and Susanna live happily ever after. The end. 

"Peter Quince at the Clavier" was very similar to the story I had just read. While reading the poem I felt as if there was music playing while reading the story all over again. I could see how this scene could be in a movie and the "poem" would be playing in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment