Thursday, October 22, 2009

Exodus

In Exodus God almost seems like Lord Vuldimort in Harry Potter. He cannot go up to Pharaoh and take him out like you would think the Almighty can do. instead, He has to get a human being to translate twaht he is saying. Lord Vuldimort is the same. He doesn't have power to coquer Hary Potter on his own. He needs to do his dirty work through someone else's body. I also have a question about the good Lord. Why is He only a god to the Israelites? I thought He is supposed to be The God, the only God. I guess in this story He is only got to His chosen people. 

I also think Pharaoh is really stupid. If I saw a man turn all the water into blood, I would like to think I would listen to what he is saying. Pharaoh isn't bothered by this at all. The only thing that really upsets him so far are frogs. Then Pharaoh lies and says he will give them what they want if they take back the frogs. Pharaoh is more scared of frogs than he is of all the water turning into blood. He is crazy. Then God kills the frogs! Why wouldn't He send them back tot eh Nile where they came from. Does He really have to kill them? God continues to "harden his heart" for several more cruel attempts to free his people. I don't really understand why God would harden his heart. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of trying if God says no?

No comments:

Post a Comment